- This event has passed.
Holistic Herbalism 8 Month Program Intensive
April 13 - April 14
The world of Herbalism is vast and multi-faceted. There are many ways to perceive and observe the magical plant world and all its medicinal offerings. Herbal Modalities such Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ayurveda, Eclectic Herbalism, Western Herbalism, Vitalism, Plant Spirit Medicine & Folk Herbalism all have amazing wisdom to offer us. Holistic Herbalism was born out of a desire to take several of these ‘lenses’ to create a foundation to explore the healing world with. By first creating a solid understanding of some of these approaches to Herbalism one is able to draw from that mosaic in a effort to study, learn, research and practice plant medicine.
Once a month our group will meet at the Emery Herbals Teaching Centre for a learning experience that will combine both classroom learning alongside experiential hands on learning. Each month participants will be given a comprehensive booklet that details the theme of the month and provides all the necessary components to thoroughly immerse in to the programming. Students are required to complete the program content for the month, returning the following month for the next immersion into their learning. This program has been built to be exponential, one month layering the next, creating a deep and enriching program.
Friday class is 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Saturday class is 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
2017 – 2018 dates are as follows:
- Friday October 13th & Saturday October 14th, 2017
- Friday November 17th & Saturday November 18th, 2017
- Friday December 8th & Saturday December 9th, 2017
- Friday January 19th & Saturday January 20th. 2018
- Friday February 16th & Saturday, February 17th, 2018
- Friday March 16th & Saturday, March 17th, 2018
- Friday April 13th & Saturday, April 14th, 2018
- Friday May 12th & Saturday, May 13th, 2018
- Included in the Cost of the Program
- Over 100 hours of in-classroom instruction including 5 guest teachers.
- 8 spiral bond class booklets with complete program contents
- Access to additional workshops at discounted rates (details forthcoming)
- Access to the book lending library at Emery Herbals at no additional fee
- 10% off purchases in the Botanical Dispensary (consignment not included).
- Two complementary, 1 hour mentoring sessions with Colleen.
- Discounted rate for the Art of Aromatherapy, Essential Oil Intensive program in June of 2018.
- Please note that the 2018 – 2019 term is now full and we are accepting names for the waiting list. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. For more details visit our program page.