- This event has passed.
Art of Aromatherapy: Essential Oil Intensive
September 21, 2020
Essential oils are the highly concentrated distillates of certain herbs, woods, barks, flowers and resins and hence demand our respect when we use them for healing. The Art of Aromatherapy: Essential Oil Intensive program is a synergy of science and magic, delivering the valuable information needed to engage with this powerful medicine with ethical and compassionate energy.
This program runs for a total teaching time of 50 hours. Ideal for Practitioners who wish to include essential oils in their practice, this class is for anyone who works with essential oils, professionally or for personal use. Students who wish to gain a completion certificate are required to submit a final paper and 3 applicable case studies for review within 12 weeks of finishing the course.
Classes are a combination of theory and active onsite blending and preparation technique. All classes run from 9 AM – 5 PM with a one hour lunch break.
Please note: Due to the COVID-19 concern onsite classes are limited to 5 participants.
Students can register to participate in person or choose to enrol in the online classroom. All classes will be live streamed with recordings provided.
- Monday, September 14
- Monday, September 21st
- Monday, September 28th
- Monday, October 5th
- Saturday, October 10th
- Saturday, October 17th
- Essential Oil Production (including a field trip to a local producer, and/or a copper still demo on site)
- Olfaction, Sensory Integration and Aromatherapy
- Aromatherapy approaches: Theoretical and Philosophical Approach
- Phyto-Chemistry Chemotypes
- Routes of Administration and Dosage
- Synthesis and Formulation
- Hydrosols/Carrier Oils and Adjuncts
- Building a Therapeutic Essential Oil kit for practice
- Purchasing Essential Oils: Ethics and Safety
Included in the cost of the program:
- Students will receive a spiral bound comprehensive manual of all the course material
- Student discount for Emery Herbals Botanical Dispensary
- Access to one on one mentoring session with Colleen Emery.
- Access to the Learning and Resource Library at Emery Herbals
- All supplies including a comprehensive blending kit of 25 essential oils