Children’s Herb Club
$80.00 – $675.00
The Emery Herbals Children’s Herb Club is taking a break from September 2020 – June 2021.
Please check back for our new programming in the fall of 2021. Thank you!
The Emery Herbals Children’s Herb Club is taking a break from September 2020 – June 2021. Please check back for our new programming in the fall of 2021. Thank you!
The Children’s Herb Club is open from September to June on Wednesdays each week. Each month of Herb Club runs as a four-week program; growing your children’s experience with herbs in a experiential and accumulative style. Using our five senses as a basis for herb learning, the children experience the magical world of plants from their own unique perspective.
We have a Herb Club Code of inclusiveness and respect for each other. We hold the space in a gentle and positive way to allow the children to thrive and feel supported in their learning process.
Clear expectations and boundaries are set for the children to ensure their experience is safe and nourishing.
Weekly activities include
- Herb walks in nature
- Outdoor nature focused games and projects
- Herbal medicine preparations
- Craft projects using natural and/or reclaimed materials
- Reading folklore tales
- Working in our Materia Medica herb journals
- Circle sharing time
- Indoor Herb Games
- Fairy House Creation
- Botany and Plant Pressing
Plus, have an artist in residence program this year having Brandy Erin returning once a month to engage the children in fibre arts and natural plant dying techniques.
- We offer an afternoon class that runs from 2:15 – 4:15 on Wednesdays.
- For those children who attend the Winlaw Elementary School, we will meet the children and walk back to the Teaching Centre for the Club.
- Class enrolment is limited to 8 children per class and is suitable for children ages 5 and up.
- Wednesday class has a strong emphasis on medicine making and working directly with herbals in the kitchen.
- This program is best suited to those children who like to make potions, play boardgames, drink herbal teas and tell and hear stories, craft with wool and natural fibres and more!