Holistic Herbalism Foundations Program
Registration for the 2019 – 2020 Program will open May 15, 2019.
The world of Herbalism is vast and multi-faceted. There are many ways to perceive and observe the magical plant world and all its medicinal offerings. Herbal Modalities such Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ayurveda, Eclectic Herbalism, Traditional Western Herbalism, Plant Spirit Medicine & Folk Herbalism all have amazing wisdom to offer us.
The Emery Herbals Holistic Foundations Program gives student Herbalists a place to learn and build a foundation to grow from in both their learning and their community. By first creating a solid understanding of some of these approaches to Herbalism one is able to draw from that mosaic in an effort to study, learn, research and practice plant medicine.
Once a month our group will meet for a learning experience that will combine both classroom learning alongside experiential hands on learning. Each month the participants will be given a comprehensive manual that details the theme of the month and provides all the necessary components to thoroughly immerse into the programming. Students are required to complete the program content for the month, returning the following month for the next immersion into their learning. This program has been built to be exponential, one month layering the next, creating a deep and enriching program.
In an effort to create a 360-degree viewpoint of herbalism, it felt important to include the voices of other educators. Students in this program will gain access to these teachers, all included in the pricing of the program.
The students of the Holistic Herbalism program also have first access and discounted rate to the ever popular Medicine Making and Fermenting workshops that provide the needed foundational skill-set for preparing medicinal formulations.
2019 – 2020 Program Dates & Times
Enrolment for this program will open on May 15th, 2019. Program will be limited to 15 students.
Once a month classes run Fridays & Saturdays from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Friday October 18th & Saturday October 19th, 2019
- Friday November 8th & Saturday November 9th, 2019
- Friday November 29th & Saturday November 10th, 2019
- Friday January 10th & Saturday January 11th. 2020
- Friday February 14th & Saturday, February 15th, 2020
- Friday March 20th & Saturday, March 21st, 2020
- Friday April 17th & Saturday, April 18th, 2020
- Friday May 15th & Saturday, May 16th, 2020
Included in the Cost of the Program
- Over 125 hours of in-classroom instruction including guest instructors
- 8 spiral bound class manuals with complete program contents
- A Materia Medica study of over 125 herbs
- Access to additional supplemental manuals (Medicine Making & Fermentation)
- Access to additional workshops at discounted rates
- Access to the book and resource library at Emery Herbals at no additional fee
- 10% off purchases in the Botanical Dispensary from time of enrolment to June of 2020
- Two complementary, 1-hour mentoring sessions with Colleen
- Discounted rate for the Art of Aromatherapy, Essential Oil Foundations Program
- Lifetime Access to the online student forum
- CHAofBC Student Membership
- Access to the Holistic Herbalism Advanced Clinical Study Program
Total Investment for the program is $1600 plus GST.
Individual payments arrangements are welcome. All payment arrangements are subject to a non-refundable $50 fee for holding the students place in class. Payment in full secures registration. All fees are due within 30 days of the start of the program.
Steps to enrol in the program:
- To enrol in the program please go through the online checkout and select “program registration”.
- To register and pay at another time please select “pay upon pick up” in the options offered.
- Please view our refund policy here.
- Please fill out our registration form here.
Once your registration has been received Colleen will contact you to connect about the program. All students are required to have an interview prior to the program beginning.
Total enrolment for this program will be capped at 15 students.
It is estimated that the student of The Holistic Herbalism Foundations Program will need to incorporate a minimum of 4 hours of home study per week above the classroom time commitments to meet the learning requirements of the program.
Please note that the 2019 – 2020 term will open for enrolment on May 15th, 2019.