I have been getting a lot of calls from concerned residents regarding protecting their health after Friday’s devastating jet fuel spill into our pristine river. I will share what I have been suggesting:
- Obviously limit your exposure to this chemical as well as to all others right now (and really always).
- Support and boost immune system health by upping your antioxidant, beta-carotene and
vitamin C intake as well as taking a combination of herbs known to support and boost immune health: astragalus, reishi mushrooms (more about mushrooms in a bit), elderberry, rosehips, ashwaganda, schisandra berry, etc.
- Protect your cell level from the persistent toxic chemicals by utilizing medicinal mushrooms and clean sources of sea veggies. (the EU is required to test all sea veggies for radiation post Chernobyl, the US and Canada and Asia do not have the same requirements post Fukushima, be cautious regarding your source).
- Consume Zeolite clay that can help draw out active toxins from your system. Clay has a negative ion charge and magnetizes to the positive ion charge that heavy metals and toxins have to help draw if from the body.
- Up your Essential Fatty Acid intake to help protect the nervous system.
- Increase your leafy green intake. Kale, chard, bok choy, etc.
- Miso and Sea Salt intake.
- Chlorella, Spirulina and other sources of blue green algae.
- Liver support, but not full detoxification. Milk thistle seed can be ground up and added to food.
- Keep your elimination organs flowing fully. If this is a concern for you, seek ways to increase flow.
Anything and everything you did to protect yourself from the plume of Fukushima applies here. I don’t recommend a cellular level detoxification at this point, as that would be taxing to immune systems. Rather, supporting the body’s natural defenses and drawing out any active toxins in the systems will help to mitigate the negative effects.
The most important aspect is to address the fear, anxiety and stress you are feeling about this incident. Be proactive and try to manage these feelings as well as you can. The stress of the event in and of itself causes harm to your body, mind and spirit.
Be well everyone. If you need anything, please call the Dispensary, myself and my apprentices are versed in how to help protect your systems.