Providing open access to consciously sourced botanicals, professional health services and empowering education experiences that encourage and cultivate sustained wellness.
A Tale of Turmeric, The Quest for Whole Plant Medicine By Colleen Emery, RHT (CHAofBC) Steeped in Indian culture, Turmeric root, Curcuma longa, also known as the ‘the ‘Golden Goddess’ has been used for thousands of years in Ayurvedic traditions. While the majority of people identify with this herb being a component of curry, Turmeric is actually only a small
- Our family has worked with Colleen for over 3 years and I don’t know where we’d be without her! As a nutritionist, I believe strongly in the body’s innate capacity to heal when given the right nourishment and care. Colleen is an integral part of all our healing protocols. Her wisdom and intuitiveness have seen my children, my husband and I through many illnesses and chronic conditions. Not to mention her incredible teas, tinctures and essential oil blends, all of which are absolute staples in our home. She has made the sometimes terrifying ordeal of a small child’s illness manageable and all with her trademark humor and insight. I can’t recommend her services enough! Thank the goddesses for Colleen!Angela Calgary, AB
- Before meeting Colleen I had been dealing with hormone imbalances and mood swings for many years, since working with her for over a year my overall health has vastly improved and I have gained more understanding about my body. I have witnessed her approach with other clients and have felt that her attitude towards health and healing not only assists others on a physical level but on an emotional one as well. She brings so much knowledge, wisdom and positivity into her practice, it is truly uplifting and inspiring to work with her.- Origin Shamanic Healing ArtsSabinaWinlaw, BC
- Colleen is approachable, kind, and extremely knowledgeable. She has helped me pre and post-nataly, as well as worked with my toddler and partner. My energy has increased, and my moods have stabilized. I would recommend anyone with a want to improve health and well being have a visit with Colleen. I have also enjoyed bringing my relatives in to see her for tea and a visit, always a joy to check out her shop.Roxy, Slocan BC
- Colleen Emery is a passionate and well-spoken educator, who takes complex and intricate topics of health and explains them in a clear, straight-forward manner that is fun and enjoyable. Her wealth of knowledge in herbs and nourishing traditional practices is brought into light and shared in an interactive and creative process that gets people involved and thinking about their health. Colleen brings science and nature together in a manner that helps you take care of yourself.- Workshop Coordinator, Ellison’s MarketJessica Nelson, BC
- I consider myself very fortunate to know and have Colleen in my life. Whether it’s the little questions or big worries she has the unique ability to get to the bottom and really sort out the issues. Combine all that knowledge and experience with a nurturing nature and ability to make you see the positive or smile is just a fraction of what Colleen can provide. That said it is time for my “tune up” and that’s one appointment I always looking forward to!Kristine,Calgary, AB
- Colleen’s knowledge and passion for herbs is strongly evident in her practice and in her workshops. She empowers workshop participants with simple and understandable concepts to allow them to go home and successfully make medicine. Her breadth of knowledge and experience, gained from over 20 years of working with plants, is admirable and inspiring. I would highly recommend Colleen as a herbalist and a teacher. Square Knot Cooperative www.squareknotcoop.comLaurenCalgary, AB