HOLISTIC HERBALISM ADVANCED CLINICAL PROGRAM
The next instalment of the HHA Clinical Program will be offered September 2022 – December 2023.
Enrolment opens June 1st, 2022.
Registration for this program is capped at a total of 10 students with 5 onsite seats available, 5 seats available in the online classroom access.
Are you looking to deepen your herbal medicine education? Are you interested in learning how to take your learned foundational concepts and place them to use, addressing specific health conditions and assessing client’s wellness? Are you keen to explore a collaborative formulation technique that honours the wisdom of plant medicine?
The Emery Herbals Holistic Herbalism Advanced Clinical Program is a full engagement into all aspects of the skillset needed to be a proficient herbalist in a professional clinical practice with an emphasis on client specific customized care.
Our program is designed to provide a deep and meaningful exploration of the strategies and skills needed to prepare herbalists for practice through a holistic lens, encompassing several approaches including Vitalism, Traditional Western Herbalism, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ayurveda and more.
The Holistic Herbalism Advanced Clinical Program provides a subjective and objective balanced analysis through a discovery of traditional and scientific approaches to herbal medicine.
Materia Medica Study of 140 + herbs including a sample library and a complete monograph for each herb.
Advanced Phyto-Chemistry and Plant Constituent Study
Advanced Nutritional Supplement Study
Complete Discovery of Holistic Assessment Tools Including:
- Tissue State Energetics
- TCM Organ Pattern System
- Ayurvedic Clinical Dosha Assessment
- Physical Evaluation including: Tongue, Pulse, Face, Iris, Sclera, Hand/Nail, Blood Pressure
- Functional Lab Work Evaluation
The Art of Herbal Medicine Formulation
Therapeutics Study including:
- Herbal Medicine and Complementary Therapies for Pain
- Herbal Medicine and Complementary Therapies for Depression & Anxiety
- Herbal Medicine and Complementary Therapies for Sleep Disorders
- Herbal and Aromatic Medicine for Topical Application
- Neuro-Diversity and Cognitive Wellness through a Herbal Medicine Approach
- Herbal Medicine for Children: Pediatric Herbal Practice
- Inclusive Reproductive System Care
- Proactive Fertility, Pregnancy and Post Partum Care
- Immune System Dysregulation
- Metabolic Syndrome and Insulin Resistance
- GastroIntestinal Health
- Cardiovascular Health
- Herb/Drug Interactions
- Included are guest Lecturers throughout the program: Stay Tuned for More Details
Clinical Practice Study and Training:
- Creating the Intake Paperwork
- How to conduct a consultation interview
- Case Study Evaluation
- Herbal Medicine and the Law
- The Ethics of a Herbal Medicine Practice
- Creating a Trauma Informed Inclusive Business Model
- And More!!
The main instructor for this program is Colleen Emery, Cl.H (BCHA). Colleen is a Clinical Herbalist and Aromatherapist, Educator and Medicine Maker with more than 2 decades experience in client specific care. She has been leading Herbal Medicine workshops and programs to students from all over North America and Europe for 15 years. Colleen is known for her well organized, compassionate and humorous teaching style.
Our Guest instructors include a diverse group of Herbal Medicine Educators. Please stay tuned for more details.
- College Level Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology class: Can be completed concurrently with our program.
- Emery Herbals Holistic Herbalism Foundations Program Intensive or its equivalent
- Emery Herbals Advanced 5-Part Medicine Making Program or its equivalent
- All applicants will be required to have an interview with Colleen to determine readiness and fit for the program.
- Classes begin Monday, September 12th, 2022 and conclude on December 11th, 2023 with a total of 50 classes scheduled in the 65 weeks of the program.
- Classroom time is 9:30 – 4:30 held both in person and virtually
- Total Instruction Hours for the program equals 375 in classroom hours.
- Additional home study will be required to succeed at the learning outcomes and goals and is estimated at 375 hours.
- There is a strong home learning component to this program to achieve the learning outcomes, total hours for this program are estimated at 750 hours.
Successful completion of the Holistic Herbalism Advanced Clinical Program offers the student access to the Holistic Herbalism Advanced Clinical Observation Program. Students within the Clinical Program also gain access to participate in the Student Clinic hosted through Emery Herbals Healing Suites offering low cost access to Herbal Medicine care.
Learning Library of 160 herbs, video recordings available to rewatch, downloadable materials and access to guest lecturers are included in the cost of the program.
All students of the Holistic Herbalism Advanced Program receive a 10% student discount in the Botanical Dispensary.
Total Program Fee is $4750.00 plus applicable taxes
Payment plans are available. All applications are subject to a $500 non-refundable deposit that will be applied to the balance of fees.
Our program registration is capped at 10 students with 5 seats available in the onsite classroom in Winlaw and 5 seats available in the online classroom
To complete your application please submit a cover letter introducing yourself and detailing your interest in the program.
Please include your most up to date resume with education and industry related experience along with current contact information. Please include any applicable transcripts and/or certificates of completion. All documentation can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon receipt of documents you will be contacted to organize a student interview. Successful candidates will then be welcomed into the program and financial commitments will be organized.
The Emery Herbals Holistic Herbalism Advanced Clinical Program does not deny enrolment, or make any distinction of, students regardless of race, colour, creed, nationality, sexual orientation or gender. You must be 18 years of age or older to attend classes.
Enrolment for this program will officially open on June 1st, 2022, applicants are welcome to submit their resumes and cover letter ahead of this for review.
Colleen’s Advanced Holistic Herbalism Clinical Program has greatly improved my confidence and practical knowledge in herbalism. As a midwife, I am often asked from clients about herbal medicine and I have not felt confident making recommendations until completing these courses with Colleen. The knowledge and wisdom she has shared has been invaluable to me as a midwife. I would recommend the advanced course to anyone interested in deepening their connection with herbal medicine and widening their tool box as a clinician.
Rachel Langevin, Registered Midwife
Completing this program as a clinical herbalist has given me new perspectives, new tools, and new knowledge to support my work with clients. I’ve come out the other end a more well-rounded and more confident clinician. A lifelong learner herself, Colleen is a curious, energetic, and deeply knowledgeable instructor. This program strikes a true balance between the art and science of herbalism. Highly recommended!
Gina Badger, MSc, Clinical Energetic Herbalist
The Holistic Herbalism Advanced Clinical Program was exactly what I had been looking for and so so much more. After doing years of theoretical herbal medicine studies, this program provides the hands-on experience to begin pulling all the threads together. Colleen weaves together a beautiful layered tapestry of the plant studies, the therapeutic principles, and the holistic lenses through which we can truly see people. I will be revisiting this content for years to come and finding new gems every time.
Sophie Deluca, Clinical Herbalist
I would like to honour and acknowledge my most recent teacher of herbal medicine: Colleen Emery, owner and founder of Emery Herbals in Winlaw, British Columbia. When I signed up for Colleen’s Holistic Herbalism Advanced Clinical Program, I came in already having extensive training in herbalism, botany, and many years of experience working at a community herbalism level. The Holistic Herbalism Advanced Clinical Program turned out to be way more in depth and comprehensive than I expected, and I can honestly say that I have learned so much from Colleen in this program. To read the full testimonial from Patrick click here.
Patrick Kooyman. Clinical Herbalist and Ethnobotanist, Blue Lotus Ethnobotanicals